Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Andrew Jennings Visits the Brazilian Senate

Jens Weinreich has the full text and images from Andrew Jennings (pictured above at PTG 2011) recent testimony before the Education, Culture and Sports Committee of the Brazilian Senate. Play the Game has a nice summary here.

Here is how Jennings begins, and you should read the whole testimony:
Good morning. Thank you for your invitation.

I have been an investigative reporter for 45 years. I research and acquire confidential documents.

Then I write books and articles and make investigation films for the BBC.

I have been investigating FIFA for 10 years.

I have considerable experience in investigating organised crime and I can assure you that FIFA ticks all the boxes in the academic definition of an Organised Crime Family.

Today I want to tell you about the latest corruption crisis at FIFA and how it will impact on the 2014 World Cup.

But first – Meet some of the members of FIFA’s 23-man Executive Committee.
Jennings has some pretty remarkable material. Here is a Brazilian new report on Jennings' testimony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment